The British Journal of Educational Studies
The British Journal of Educational Studies has become a central institution in the study of education. Its articles are relevant, accessible, and academically interesting. The Editor is fearless in publishing provocative work that really makes a difference”
- Michael A. Peters, University of Illinois and Editor of Educational Philosophy and Theory.
The British Journal of Educational Studies is one of the UK's foremost international education journals. It publishes scholarly, research-based articles on education which draw particularly upon historical, philosophical and sociological analysis and sources.
British Journal of Educational Studies provides:
- Discussions of educational policy and educational issues that draw on the findings of research.
- Articles that review policy developments outside the UK, acknowledging the significance of cross-national policy influences
- Contributions from many academic disciplines and a variety of perspectives.
- The most comprehensive book review section of any education journal published in the UK with, on average, sixteen reviews per issue.
For more information on the British Journal of Educational Studies visit the journal's website at www.tandf.co.uk/journals/rbje.
Professor James Arthur
University of Birmingham, UK
Book Review Editor:
Professor Ian Davies
Department of Education, University of York, Heslington, York YO10 5DD, UK
Editorial Board Members:
- Professor Gaynor Attwood, University of the West of England, UK
- Professor Robin Barrow, Simon Fraser University, Canada
- Dr Ghazala Bhatti, Bath Spa University, UK
- Dr Gert Biesta, University of Stirling, UK
- Professor David Carr, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Professor Paul Connolly, Queen's University, Belfast, UK
- Professor James Conroy, University of Glasgow, UK
- Professor Teresa Cremin, The Open University
- Professor Jon Davison, Canterbury Christ Church University, UK
- Professor Karen Evans, Institute of Education, University of London, UK
- Professor Kit Field, University of Wolverhampton
- Dr Liam Gearon, University of Oxford
- Dr Shirley Lawes, Institute of Education, University of London, UK
- Professor Ben Levin, Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, Canada
- Professor Carolyn Maher, Rutgers University, USA
- Professor Jean Murray, University of East London, UK
- Dr Andrew Peterson, University of South Australia, Adelaide, Australia
- Professor Carlo Raffo, University of Manchester, UK
- Dr Sue Rogers, Institute of Education, University of London, UK
- Professor Martin Thrupp, University of Waikato, New Zealand
- Dr Mike Waring, Loughborough University, UK
- Professor Louise Wilkinson, Syracuse University, USA