The British Journal of Educational Studies
'The British Journal of Educational Studies has become a central institution in the study of education. Its articles are relevant, accessible, and academically interesting. The Editor is fearless in publishing provocative work that really makes a difference.'
- Michael A. Peters, University of Illinois and Editor of Educational Philosophy and Theory.
The British Journal of Educational Studies is one of the UK's foremost international education journals. It publishes scholarly, research-based articles on education which draw particularly upon historical, philosophical and sociological analysis and sources.
British Journal of Educational Studies provides:
- Discussions of educational policy and educational issues that draw on the findings of research.
- Articles that review policy developments outside the UK, acknowledging the significance of cross-national policy influences
- Contributions from many academic disciplines and a variety of perspectives.
- The most comprehensive book review section of any education journal published in the UK with, on average, sixteen reviews per issue.
For more information on the British Journal of Educational Studies visit the journal's website at www.tandfonline.com/rbje.
HOW TO GET PUBLISHED IN TOP EDUCATION PEER-REVIEWED JOURNALS (pptx)
A Society for Educational Studies / British Journal of Educational Studies presentation in association with Routledge and Taylor & Francis.
Education, Security and Intelligence Studies special issue
The ‘Education, Security and Intelligence Studies’ special issue of the British Journal of Educational Studies draws together the leading academic thought in the fields of security and intelligence in education. This special issue is free to access until the end of 2015, and draws on the same body of thought as the Society’s Annual Seminar, held at the British Academy on 12th November 2015.
Professor Gary McCulloch
Brian Simon Professor of History of Education
UCL Institute of Education
Book Review Editor:
Professor Andrew Peterson
Canterbury Christ Church University, UK
Administrator, School of Education, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT
Editorial Board Members:
- Professor James Arthur, University of Birmingham, UK
- Professor Gaynor Attwood, University of the West of England, UK
- Professor Robin Barrow, Simon Fraser University, Canada
- Dr Ghazala Bhatti, Bath Spa University, UK
- Professor David Carr, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Professor Paul Connolly, Queen's University, Belfast, UK
- Professor James Conroy, University of Glasgow, UK
- Dr Hilary Cremin, University of Cambridge, UK
- Professor Teresa Cremin, The Open University
- Professor Jon Davison, University of Birmingham, UK
- Professor Karen Evans, Institute of Education, University of London, UK
- Dr Liam Gearon, University of Oxford
- Dr Helen Hanna, Leeds Trinity University, UK
- Dr Shirley Lawes, Institute of Education, University of London, UK
- Professor Carolyn Maher, Rutgers University, USA
- Dr Andrew Peterson, University of South Australia, Adelaide, Australia
- Chris Philpott, University of Greenwich, UK
- Professor Martin Thrupp, University of Waikato, New Zealand
- Professor Louise Wilkinson, Syracuse University, USA
- Dr Emma Williams, University of Warwick